Sunshine, Flowers and Hope

Well it's finally happened! The plum tree has started to bloom and in a couple days will be a cloud of lovely, musky scented petals. And the peach tree is so close the buds are as pink as can be.

I have begun moving some daffodil bulbs from the bed they used to be in. I know it's the wrong time of year... but in the autumn when I dug in the bed to try to move them I couldn't find them. And then I left the soil all piled up at one end of the bed. So now that the daffodils are coming up, some are not able to reach all the way through to the sunlight. Hence, the emergency relocation. I will lose a few, but I will at least know where they all are. And when I replant them in the autumn this year, on the other side of the driveway, I will know that they will be facing me when I look at them.

Sometimes, in the middle of January and February, with gray skies nearly every day and dark nights, with viruses coming home from school and an overabundance of school activities for the children I actually despair of getting back to my garden again. So this time of year, mid-March when I can see the progress in the plants, and the soil begins to dry out enough to work...

Now my mood is truly lifted, and with the birds and the bees (you should hear the activity near the heather plants this time of year) I rejoice in the coming Season of Hope!

Comments

Popular Posts