More signs of Spring...

but Winter still on the way!

After a relatively warm week, we are again looking at temperatures around freezing beginning tomorrow. And possibly some snow.

I believe it may be true, as the little birds are flitting about eating as much as they can find. I always scatter a good bit on the ground when I fill the feeders. Today the jays are eating this seed as well as the suet and the more abundant seed on the picnic table. Only this morning, the birds were singing as if heralding the nesting season...

Here are two quick glances at the changes outside.

I put up a garden ornament over the front door -- where it can be better seen and won't get knocked around by the large dog!



And this is the witchhazel, now in full bloom!



And then two pictures of plants my mother bought me this weekend:

In my office, these lovely african violets in two new pots coordinate beautifully with a pot from my late grandmother's house.




And on the kitchen table, this plant which has a flower that resembles bromeliads but leaves more like a rubber plant!



I hope to get back out to the nursery where we bought it this afternoon, while I am out doing dome grocery shopping. With snow on the way, I want to be sure I have all the provisions and things we might need!

Comments

. said…
I love your celestial decoration!

Popular Posts