Wind, rain and more!

We had a short power outage yesterday, only four hours long. It's wet, but not horrible where we live. Hoping the salmon runs haven't been hurt by the run-off last month or in the latest round of weather.

Looks like we are in for a real blow later today, so I am about to log off the computer, shut everything down and check my emergency supplies. Including making sure all the passages are clear in the house in case the power is out when it's dark. Luckily, we know the generator is working, and I remember where the candles and lighters are from the last big power loss.

Hope there will be power this weekend for a birthday celebration for one of the kids; and so I can do some intensive baking for friends and relatives. It's my last big push to accomplish all the holiday preparations... If it doesn't happen early enough to reach people by Christmas, that's okay. Stollen and cookies taste just as good in January!

Comments

Popular Posts