Time Passes


And all of a sudden a month or more has gone by.

I look up, have a moment to breathe, and the blackberries are ripe.

The peaches are gone.

The apples are ripening and the pattypan squash are beginning to turn the garden into small constellations of yellow suns. The deer continue their relentless assault on the tomatoes and roses...



Only another month of "summer vacation." A month visiting friends and family. A month gardening as best we can, in between the exuberance of picnics and boats and just basking in the shade on warm days.

And two days ago, I fell and hurt my hip. Again. So, longingly I look into the garden and wait for healing so I can dig in the dirt again. Longingly, I contemplate the fabrics and paints waiting for me in my office. Longingly, I remember the endless, timeless, limitless summers of my childhood.

Comments

Popular Posts